Wednesday 7 July 2010

J. Grimonprez


Excellent exhibition at The Fruitmarket Gallery, I've heard mixed reactions from fellow art students but I thought it was absolutely fantastic. Grimonprez takes from various parts of the media and the arts and creates new narratives which is brill cause I think this is pretty much what my dissertation is going to be about. At present, I'm reading Lyotard's The Postmodern Condition: A Report on Knowledge - the creation of narratives is something that Lyotard was preoccupied in his philosophies which he defined as a metanarrative. A metanarrative - an abstract idea comprehended through the explanation (communication, presentation) of experience or knowledge in highly regarded societies in the world, both Lyotard and Grimonprez are engaged with conveying a history of various societies and the problems that arise in the re-interpretation of past events in modern times and so am I, therefore think these two babes will be getting a mention in my dissertation!







Uhoh and maybe I should write about this...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxhollyknoxyeoman@hotmail.co.ukxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx